( Level 1)
1 Full Day
This class helps you write better – and write right. Its approach is practical, and focuses on the ability to write clearly and concisely in today’s business and professional environment. Participants explore the elements of plain language so their readers can understand what they read with speed and ease.
- Overcome the blocks that prevent you from saying what you want to say
- Learn techniques for effectively communicating your message in writing
- Polish letters, memos, and other written documents so they are more powerful and professional
- Spot sneaky mistakes that can destroy your credibility
1 Full Day
Take basic writing skills up a notch by attending Business Writing for the Professional, Level 2. Participants in this course learn to draft, edit, and revise a variety of business documents to make them polished and professional. During this program, samples and practices are used to teach elements of writing style, selection of persuasive and positive words, and how to format technical documents.
- State and apply the five critical steps for writing memos and emails
- Apply and use the basic functional writing format in a variety of business documents
- Identify and explore descending and ascending writing style
- Learning to write “Bottom Line Up Front”
- Learn to select words that are positive, words that persuade and words that work in today’s environment
- Identify effective formatting structure