2 Full Days
Communicating with Tact and Finesse introduces participants to communication and interpersonal skills necessary in today’s changing workplace. This course is designed to increase participant self-awareness of their own communication tendencies, highlighting strategies and techniques for both an individual’s strengths and weaknesses. The course will provide skills that will enhance your credibility, sharpen your persuasion and negotiating abilities, and help you present your ideas to gain support as you learn strategies and techniques for improving verbal and non-verbal interpersonal communication.
Day One covers effective communication, the power of listening, the art of giving negative feedback, and the skill of dealing with tense situations. Day Two deals with presenting a professional image as you give, speak, or write business correspondence.
- Identify barriers to communication and strategies to overcome them
- Understand the importance of developing a listening approach to dealing with others
- Explain and demonstrate the steps in active listening
- Discuss the effects of tone of voice, facial expression, and body language
- Demonstrate effective use of “I” messages
- State key points for effective written communication
- Meet and greet others effectively