1 Full Day
This interactive class uses personal discovery and discussion as the focus of learning. The aim of this course is to develop the leadership potential and communication skills of participants. Participants will identify their own communication and work style using the DISC model. DISC offers a simple, easy-to-understand framework for understanding one’s own communication and work preferences, and helps to answer the question, “Why do I get along with some people, but can’t work with others no matter how hard I try?” The rest of the workshop will be devoted to understanding the functions of leadership (using Kouzos and Posner model), and how leaders learn to lead. Participants will create their own leadership development plan.
- Identify personal communication and interaction strengths
- List ways to value the strengths of others
- Improve interpersonal skills
- Identify the five exemplary leadership practices
- Create a leadership action plan