2 Full Days
Effective technical writers can simplify complicated information into easy to follow, systematic documents. This two-day course will take basic writing skills up a notch and teach participants how to organize and compile technical information into useful documents.
The focus of day one is to draft, edit, and revise documents to make them polished and professional. The building blocks for clear and easy-to-read writing are practiced and emphasized. Day two focuses on formatting technical documents (like: proposals, reports, manuals, etc.) while participants learn to use technical elements successfully (like: abbreviations, numbers, units of measure, equations, symbols, etc.).
- Apply and use basic writing elements
- Learn to select words that are positive, words that persuade, and words that work in today’s environment
- Identify formatting styles for technical documents
- Plan technical writing projects
- Review rules for technical writing